вторник, 10 января 2012 г.

Being a teenager Text 1


Being a teenager has never been easy. Teens can face a lot of problems with their parents, friends, teachers, and so on. For example, some teenagers may be teased by their older brothers  and sisters, others feel embarrassed every time they go shopping with their mums. Many of teenagers are jealous of their best friends because they`ve got a better CD player or a mobile phone. Besides, young people split up with their boyfriends or girlfriends and it`s very difficult for them to get over this painful experience. They feel rejected and miserable. Moreover, quite a lot of teens have arguments with their parents when they are overprotective or keep nagging about their kid`s schoolwork.
            Who and how can help teenagers to cope with their problems? I believe that all problems need to be talked about and sorted out. If you have any problem, the best way is to talk to someone and to share your feelings. First of all, try talking to your parents and friends. They may offer you some advice and can really give you a helping hand. Of course sometimes teenagers don`t feel like discussing their problems with friends or parents because they are afraid of misunderstanding. These feelings are normal, but it does help to talk. In this case it might be a good idea to consult a psychologist. Very often it`s better to talk to a complete stranger about your problems rather than someone you know very well. Psychologists are professionals:  they will listen to you sympathetically and offer advice where appropriate.
            As to me, I`m rather a sociable person as I make friends easily.  I get on well with all my classmates and we enjoy chatting and sharing our thoughts and feelings. Besides, I always help them if they have difficulties in doing their homework. Of course, we don`t always agree about everything but we easily sort out all our disagreements. We have a very close and easy-going relationship.
            I also get on very well with my sister, she is my best friend, even though she`s three years older than me. We go out together almost every weekend, and we always have fun. My sister doesn`t tease or bully me. In fact, we`ve never had a serious argument. Unfortunately, I can`t say that I have no problems with my parents. I`m just a basic teenager and I want to go out and have fun with my friends. But I have no freedom at all. My parents are always trying what I am doing and with whom. All they ever want to do is to talk about how I should focus on my school. They don`t understand that there can be more important things for teens than good marks in their school-leaving certificates. Nevertheless, I try to get on well with them as I understand that they do love me and just worry about my future. So I try not to upset them.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий