вторник, 11 октября 2016 г.

Hobbies



Hobbies
Give a talk on hobbies.
Remember to mention
·         Why people have hobbies
·         What kind of hobbies exist in the world
·         What hobby you’ve got and what your hobby involves
·         If you’d like to take up an unusual hobby, e.g. UFO hunting
Повышенный уровень
A hobby is something you enjoy doing in your free time. People have hobbies because it’s a perfect way to spend their free time and not to feel bored. Besides, hobbies are often educational as people enjoy learning new things. For example, stamp collecting can tell you lots of different things about the theme of your collection. What’s more, a hobby is a good chance to find like-minded friends.
Hobbies differ like tastes. If you have chosen a hobby according to your character and taste you are lucky because your life becomes more interesting and you get positive emotions. There are lots of different hobbies nowadays. They can range from raising fish in a fish tank to watching stars through a telescope. The most popular of all hobbies is collecting things: dolls, postcards, coins and stamps. Of course, collecting things can cost you a lot of money, especially if you buy old things. Some people like doing something as a hobby, for example, playing musical instruments, gardening, drawing or building models. Some examples of educational hobbies are travelling and reading which broaden your mind and make you more intelligent.
Sample answers (question 3)
I’m fond of playing computer games. It’s an exciting hobby because you can find lots of games on the Internet so everyone can choose a game according to their tastes. What’s more, some of the games are really clever and train your logical reasoning. My friends and I often compete in playing them. However, my parents think that this hobby can be really addictive and I can neglect other duties so they don’t allow me to play too long.
My hobby is photography. It involves being patient and keeping still to make a good shot. I practice my hobby almost every weekend. I always go alone/with friends. I have lots of equipment: my camera and several lenses which I change according to the weather and other conditions.
Sample answer (question 4)
There are plenty of other fascinating hobbies some of which are rather unusual, for example, UFO hunting. I personally find this hobby weird because UFO hunters go high up on a rooftop to record strange or unidentified flying objects. Then they analyse the information on their laptop. I wouldn’t like to take up UFO hunting as I’m not enthusiastic and patient enough. Of course, I’m fascinated by the possibility of life on other planets but I’m sure that only scientists can turn science fiction into science fact.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий