пятница, 1 декабря 2017 г.

The 1950s дом.задание на 4.12.2017

Life in the 21st century is fast-paced and ruled by mobile phones, the Internet and gadgets, so it`s easy to understand why some people long to go back to the simpler times of the past. They like living in a 1950s time warp.
            The 1950s were an era of colourful homes, clothes and accessories, black and white TVs, rock and roll music and traditional values. Some people choose to live as people did back then as only cherishing these times is not for them. They use retro decor in their houses which are full of second-hand vintage appliances. They buy authentic metal kitchen units. That`s why their houses look like a 1950s time capsule. What`s more, they try hard to bring the spirit of 1950s into the 21st century. So, they dress like people in 1950s. For example, women in clothes prefer pencil skirts, white blouses and wide belts. They also never leave houses without their bright lipstick on. Furthermore, they appreciate people. That`s why they look after their elderly neighbours and bake cakes for their friends. They avoid watching TV and reading newspapers as all the violence, greed and materialism make them shudder.
            However, everybody admits to owning and using some 21st century conveniences. There are a lot of things which can`t be kept out of sight. We have an electric kettle, a fridge, a dishwasher and a microwave in our kitchen. Furthermore, we can`t imagine our life without surfing the Internet. Living without mobile telephones and TV seems bland.
            To sum up, every era has its advantages. There is something special in our past while our present life is distressing at times.

 Personally, I `d prefer to live in 1950s as I like being in retreat from the 21st century.  I like authentic old things and accessories like trilby hats and stylish suits. In addition, I respect the values of 50s, the “make do and mend” attitude that is so different from our age of throwaway fashion and ever-changing technology.

Personally, I`d prefer a fast-paced life of 21st century. I`m used to living with all modern conveniences such as laptops, washing machines and dishwashers. I adore ever-changing technology. Besides, I can`t imagine living without my mobile phone and the Internet as they help me communicate with my friends. I can always send a message to my parents when I have any difficulties.


Life in the 21st century is …… and ruled…. , so it`s easy to understand why some people …. They like … warp.
            The 1950s were an era of ……values. Some people choose … as people did back then as only…. . They use … houses which are full of…….. They buy …. units. That`s why their houses look….. What`s more, they try hard…... So, they dress …..1950s. For example, women in clothes prefer…….. They also never ……. Furthermore, they ….. people. That`s why they look …….friends. They avoid ……newspapers as all the…….
            However, everybody admits … and…... There are a lot of things which can`t…. . We have ……in our kitchen. Furthermore, we can`t imagine our life….. . Living …….. bland.
            To sum up, every era has…... There is …… while our present life is……...

 Personally, I`d prefer to live in 1950s as I like ……..  I like …….hats and …. suits. In addition, I …………., the ……. attitude that is so different …..

Personally, I`d prefer a …. life of 21st century. I`m used to … I adore….. Besides, I can`t imagine ….as they help me…... I can always …. when I have….

  

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий