вторник, 22 января 2013 г.

9th form Card 4. Term 2.

Card 4. Term 2.
1. Why do people believe that rich and famous people are happy?
2. What’s good about being famous?
3. What’s bad about being famous and rich?
4. Would you like to be famous? Why?Why not?

Sample.
Question 1.
Many people believe that famous and rich people are happy as their lifestyle attracts a lot of attention. They look sure of themselves, they are always in the public eye, wear expensive clothes and can afford to buy whatever they want.
Question 2.
In fact, there are some good points in being famous and rich .To start with, you can travel a lot and stay at fabulous hotels, enjoying all modern conveniences at your service. What’s more, everybody recognizes you and you are treated with respect and admiration. Finally, you can choose and buy the most comfortable house to live in and enjoy beautiful views of nature.
Question 3.
However, money and fame can cause serious problems. Question 3.( Follow the text in Workbook page 10, ex.8.)
Question 4.
As to me, I wouldn’t like to be famous because I hate crowds and noise of parties and prefer to stay in the shadows. What’s more , I don’t want to risk my life as well as the lives of my nearest and dearest as criminals may break into my house and attack or even kill me for money. So,the life full of stress and danger is not for me.

( I would like to be famous because I am fond of new discoveries, impressions, meeting people and doing risky things. Fame and money can make me free and independent. I feel bored when I stay at one place so travelling to far away countries by fashionable ships or fast modern planes is what I really want. It is rather expensive so I can do it only if I have enough money. If I want my dream to come true, I should be famous and rich.)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий